Reflection
Solomon
P. Ortiz, a former United States Representative, once stated “Education is the
key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of
their students.” I cannot even begin to express the amount of respect and
appreciation I had for both the English 102 class and for Professor
Mignano-Brady. This was the first time in my educational life where I was not
penalized for thinking outside of the box. Throughout my middle and high school
experience, English teachers despised me for interpreting works of literature
that differed from the textual interpretation. Thankfully, in English 102, I
was set free from these boundaries. It truly made me comfortable and
enthusiastic in expressing my soulful beliefs, and for that I thank you professor.
As Ralph Waldo Emerson once stated: “Nothing great was ever achieved without
enthusiasm.”
This
class has taught me that I am more than what I think I am. The way I felt with
every positive comment, smile, or statement by Professor Mignano-Brady made me
feel like I was on the top of the world. This feeling has shown me that I
should strive to help others feel the same way with extreme levels of
positivity and enthusiasm. I also learned to be proud of the work I create. I
should always put my best foot forward and give everything 110 percent.
My
favorite part of the class was the fishbowls! I loved how we all worked as a
team to think outside the box and encrypt major works of literature through
each person's eyes. I also loved the presentations and PowerPoints by the shear
simplicity of truthful insights of the world. Both of these made me appreciate
both the class and the professor even more.
In
five years, I imagine writing my own short story, where it follows a
post-apocalyptic world due to a pill that creates immortality. It will be about
a boy who finds one of the pills and is being chased down by the mob and
gangsters of the world, for the pill. Ultimately, the boy realizes the pill
will only cause harm and there is no point to live forever in a world with such
hate and immorality. The boy throws the pill in the ocean and keeps walking in
the water until he drowns. I want that to symbolize the sacrifice the boy makes
and the idea of purity in the darkest times by the action of baptism through
the use of the ocean. This class gave me the energy to want to write this book
and for that I thank you Professor Mignano-Brady.

Comments
Post a Comment