Skip to main content

My Favorite Books And Quotes!

My Favorite Books And Quotes!

"A righteous man falls down seven times and gets up." – King Solomon, Proverbs, 24:16.

“Who is wise? One who learns from every man… Who is strong? One who overpowers his inclinations… Who is rich? One who is satisfied with his lot… Who is honorable? One who honors his fellows.” – Ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, 4:1


 "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same."-Colin R. Davis
"Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion."- Tony Hsieh
"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do." - Pele





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures!

Six Flags! NYC! Friends! NYC Part 2! Meeting My Idols! My Favorite Chuck-E-Cheese Game! Me And  İlkay Gündoğan! Power To The People! Mama! Film!

Pub #2 - "It's Just An Illusion"

Pub #2 - "It's Just An Illusion" "Limits, like fear, is often an illusion." -Michael Jordan Don Mahalli Professor Mignano-Brady English 102 7 March 2018 Pub #2 - "It's Just An Illusion" The uprising in the extreme attention of perfection in modern and postmodern society, within the arts of mass media, contributes to an illusion of the real world. Multi-Billion dollar companies like Victoria's Secret hire attractive women and then edit pictures and videos to make the perfect people, more perfect. However, the models live in a lie of perfection believing that they are flawless and perfect based on what society values and perceives. In reality, these models are on extremely dangerous low calorie meals and “ more than 75 percent of models had been exposed to alcohol and/or drugs on the job”(The Model Alliance). As seen in the play A Streetcar Named Desire, Stella states “I couldn't go on believing h...

Reflection - English 102

Reflection  Solomon P. Ortiz, a former United States Representative, once stated “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” I cannot even begin to express the amount of respect and appreciation I had for both the English 102 class and for Professor Mignano-Brady. This was the first time in my educational life where I was not penalized for thinking outside of the box. Throughout my middle and high school experience, English teachers despised me for interpreting works of literature that differed from the textual interpretation. Thankfully, in English 102, I was set free from these boundaries. It truly made me comfortable and enthusiastic in expressing my soulful beliefs, and for that I thank you professor. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once stated: “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” This class has taught me that I am more than what I think I am. The way I felt with every positive comment, ...